2016 Preliminary Program
<< Back to Annual Meeting Home
|Friday, December 9
||Fellows Dinner and Case Presentations
|Saturday, December 10
||Registration and Exhibits
||Welcome and Chapter Highlights
Duane Pinto, MD, FACC, President & Governor
Ami Bhatt, MD, FACC, Lt. Governor
||Cardiac Care Team Update
Disty Pearson, PA, Boston Children’s Hospital
The importance of the entire TEAM in cardiovascular care and the varied roles of the CV Team members.
||An Update from the American College of Cardiology on MACRA, etc.
Kim Allan Williams, Sr., MD, MACC,Immediate Past President, ACC
||Best Practices in Cardiology for the Next Decade
An interactive discussion with attendees regarding new best practices in cardiology. Designed to provide a review and dialogue of new treatment modalities and how to analyze and implement into practice.
||PANEL DISCUSSION: Making a Team from Teams: The Baystate (After) Shock Experience
Jaime A. Hernandez-Montfort MD MPH FACC
Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiologist
Evan Y. Lau, MD, Cardiologist
Tanya Dwyer, MSN, CCRN, VAD Coordinator
The Co-Directors of Cardiogenic Shock and Acute Mechanical Circulatory Support (MCS) Program of Baystate Health will provide an overview of their initial year working together and applying an MCS platform to the Heart and Vascular Center via a profile based system and exemplified via a case based approach.
- Recognize the value of team based approach in management of cardiogenic shock.
- Discuss the roles of advanced heart failure and transplant cardiologists and interventional cardiologists within the team-based structure.
- Review the basic algorithmic approaches and platforms for transitions of care for management of cardiogenic shock at Baystate Health via a case-based approach.
- Discuss the future directions of cardiogenic shock including the proposal for regionalization of critical cardiac care Massachusetts.
||Panel Discussion: Building a Pulmonary Embolism Response Team - A Multidisciplinary Approach to a Multisystem Disease
Brett Carroll, MD, Cardiovascular
Jeffrey L. Weinstein, MD, Radiologist, Vasc. & Interventional Radiology
Barbara L. LeVarge, MD, Pulmonary Disease
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
||Cardiac Rehabilitation 2016: An Overview of the Field and New Initiatives from CMS
Gary Balady, MD, Director, Preventive Cardiology
Director, Non Invasive Cardiovascular Labs, Boston Medical Center
- To review the evolution of cardiac rehabilitation fostered by emerging science in preventive cardiology
- To understand the components of cardiac rehabilitation as a venue for secondary preventive efforts
- To understand emerging applications of cardiac rehabilitation and new opportunities provided by CMS