The core values for the ACC are as follows:
- Professionalism: The interests of patients are primary.
- Knowledge: The College must promote growth, dissemination and application of knowledge about cardiovascular medicine.
- Value of the cardiovascular specialist: The cardiovascular profession makes a distinct contribution to medical care that should be recognized and enhanced.
- Integrity: Honesty, compliance with legal requirements, and ethical behavior are essential in all activities.
- Member driven: The College and its major activities must be led by active members and must promote volunteerism.
- Inclusiveness: The College involves a broad range of volunteers that reflects the composition of its membership.
- Maintain position as the recognized leader to emphasize, synthesize, summarize and disseminate cardiovascular science, knowledge and best practices.
- Accelerate the application of cardiovascular science, knowledge, and measurement into practice.
- Increase value to members through programs and services that most effectively meet their needs.
- Improve overall financial and operational performance.
2400 N Street NW
Washington, DC 20037-1153